Eat, Play, Move! A class for parents and babies
February 27, 2019, 10am-11:30am
Melissa Cole, MS, IBCLC (Board Certified Lactation Consultant) www.lunalactation.com
and Sarah Reppenhagen, OT (Pediatric Occupational Therapist)
Location: Luna Lactation and Wellness 1906 NW 25th Ave #10 Portland, OR 97210
Register now: https://form.jotform.com/90136165543151
In this class you and your baby will have the opportunity to learn strategies to support development from the start. You will learn the basics about your baby’s developing motor, cognitive, social emotional and communication skills to help your child build a solid foundation early on from which to explore, play, learn and grow. Best for ages 0-6 mos. Great class for all families. Especially helpful if you feel your baby is often uncomfortable, fussy or has challenges with transitions in their routine. Class size is limited, sign up early!
- Goals – What questions and learning objectives do you have?
- Brief overview of the spectrum of typical development for first three months and beyond (depending of ages of class baby participants)
- Discussion about sensory, motor, social-emotional, state regulation, and communication
- Sensory-Motor strategies to support feeding: postural support during feeding, positive oral input, non-nutritive and nutritive sucking, therapeutic tummy time and other positioning strategies to support overall development and feeding skills
- Discussion about helping babies adapt to transitions within their daily activities
- Hands-on fun! Massage, tummy time, hands-on activities for parents and babies
- Question and Answer time
- Discussion of related resources