Professional Speaking Services
Melissa Cole, MS, IBCLC has been passionate about providing comprehensive, holistic lactation care and education to parents and healthcare professionals since 2002. She provides engaging presentations and workshops internationally. She has been honored to present keynote talks, grand rounds, and has spoken at conferences and events of all sizes. Melissa specializes in presenting on tongue tie, complex feeding cases, clinical herbal care for the perinatal period, and beyond!
Download informational speaking packet HERE.
GOLD Learning Tongue-Tie Online Symposium 2023
GOLD Lactation Online Conference 2022 Opening Keynote
Past speaking engagements
- Australia: Breastfeeding Conferences
- Grand Rounds, Samaritan General Hospital – Albany, OR
- USLCA Virtual Speaker Series
- Mississippi Breastfeeding Coalition Conference
- Clark County Breastfeeding Coalition Conference
- American Herbalists Guild
- Northwest Georgia Breastfeeding Coalition Conference
- Mount Sinai Breastfeeding Symposium
- Rockland County Breastfeeding Coalition
- GOLD Lactation Online Conference
- GOLD Tongue Tie Symposium Keynote Speaker
- Canadian Lactation Consultant Association Conference
- International Lactation Consultant Association Conference
- Michigan Association of Lactation Consultants Conference
- Sonoma County Breastfeeding Coalition
- Idaho Breastfeeding Summit
- Ohio Lactation Consultant Association Breastfest
- Lactation & Breastfeeding Symposium, Kings College Hospital
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Lactation Unlocked
- Quebec Lactation Consultants Association
- International Birth Assistance Symposium
- BEST Connection Lactation Education Series
- Blank Children’s Hospital Iowa Breastfeeding Conference
- Edwardsville Region Breastfeeding Conference
- Western Kentucky Breastfeeding Coalition Conference
- Central Illinois Breastfeeding Conference
- Breastfeeding Coalition Ventura County
- Ligue la Leche of Montreal Symposium
- South Carolina Breastfeeding Coalition Conference
- Infant & Maternal CST Conference
- Oregon Midwifery Council Conference
- International Affiliation of Tongue-tie Professionals
- And many more
- A Case Study Approach to Critical Thinking Skills for Lactation Professionals
- Oral Function: Assessment & Comprehensive Care for the Pre-Crawling Infant
- Infant Oral Assessment: Exploring Anatomy & Function Beyond the Frenulum
- Activities for Supporting Optimal Infant Oral Function
- Lactation After Loss
- Placenta Medicine as a Galactogogue: Tradition or Trend?
- Prenatal Lactation Assessment and Support
- Lactation Intensive for Birth and Health Professionals
- Bodywork: Another Resource for Feeding Support
- Clinical Skills Workshop
- Lactation Professional’s Role Supporting Optimal Healing Outcomes for the Newborn Post-Frenectomy
- Will it hurt? Frenotomy Aftercare Strategies to Optimize Healing Outcomes for the Newborn
- Tongue and Lip Tie: A Comprehensive Approach to Assessment and Care
- Connection & Care: Virtual Support for Tongue-Tied Infants
- Common Infant Digestive Health Concerns and Useful Support Strategies
- Herbal Support for Lactation and Infants
- Beyond Fenugreek: An Individualized Approach to Herbal Galactagogues
- Beyond the Basics of Latch: Support Strategies for Helping Babies When the Basics Aren’t Enough
- Milk Production Detective Work: Assessment and Care Plan Considerations
- Clinical Lactation Tools: Bottles, Tubes and Shields, Oh my!
SEE HOW OUR COURSES ALIGN WITH THE
IBLCE BLUEPRINT AREAS OF THE DETAILED CONTENT OUTLINE:
I really enjoyed Melissa’s knowledge. She was more science based than any other IBCLC I’ve listened to. I liked that she suggests that not all babies or all moms fit into one category and we should tailor our intervention to the individual.
Amazing public speaker, great presentation with informative images and videos.
We want to express our sincere appreciation for all you did to help us make our 2020 conference a success. You were so instrumental in helping us make a “virtual reality”. Your kind nature and genuine personality made our organizers and attendees feel at ease. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed your presentations and live participation. Our only regret is not getting to meet you and share time together.
Thank you for presenting...at our...conference. The feedback we received was outstanding. The lactation Program Coordinator...attended and will be sharing your presentation with her entire lactation team and the Director of Women and Children Services. We are just so thrilled and honored to have you present at our conference.
Thank you for partnering with BreastfeedLA. The day was absolutely incredible. We look forward to partnering with you more in the future.
I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your case study conference for the AQC, I am wrapping up listening to them as I has a super busy summer. It was so interesting, and it has strengthen so intuitions I had as an IBCLC, and gave me tons of informations and confirmations that I am giving adequate treatment plans to my client! Thank you!